- Wembley, United Kingdom
- March 15, 2022
I am a LPC LLM student seeking a full time position in a Legal Assistant or Paralegal role and am available to start as soon as possible. I have completed my studies alongside some of my exams however, have some deferrals and am due to complete them within this year. I attained a First Class LLB Law degree with Honours and had the opportunity to undertake some voluntary legal work experience at my universities Family Law clinic and Citizens Advice Bureau. Aside from this i also have 7 years worth of retail experience which I done alongside my studies and am currently working as a customer service representative at First Direct until I am able to find a legal role.
All Professional practice modules and on campus studying completed, only few exams left to be completed due to covid deferrals.
Modules: Introduction to Professional Practice, Business Law and Practice, Dispute Resolution, Real Estate, Family Law, Private Client Law, Intellectual Property Law, Advanced Real Estate, Professional Practice Research Report (Family Law)
Achieved a First Class Honours in LLB Law.
Modules: Introduction to Public Law, Legal Skills Legal Study Legal System, Introduction to Contract and Tort, Contract Law, Law of Tort, Public and EU Law, EU Law II, Criminal Law I, Criminal Law II, Property, Equity and Trusts I, Medical Law, Property Equity and Trusts II, Family Law - In Relation To Children, Mediation and Negotiation, Land Law, Family Law- Relationships And Their Financial Consequences, Dissertation – Employment Law (Discrimination)
- Enhancing customer satisfaction by providing high quality customer service.
- Verifying customers via online banking security checks
- Identifying banking solutions to enhance customer experience whilst assessing their needs.
- Handling a range of everyday banking enquiries via telephone to successfully support customers with their banking needs.
- Resolving customer queries in relation to digital banking platforms such as online banking and mobile banking app.
- Authorising customers bill payments and standing orders.
- Resolved client queries through face to face interviews.
- Assessed client dilemmas and advised them on available solutions.
- Reviewed relevant paperwork before submission.
- Launched social media campaign to promote the legal advice clinic.
- Authorised client referrals and signposting.
- Managed client bookings and digital diary at the clinic.
- Organised meetings with solicitors for external client referrals.
- Guided clients in filling out relevant paperwork and drafted letters to court.
- Identified solutions to enquires in relation to debt, housing, benefits, and unemployment under supervision.
- Managed reception area, admin and client referrals.
- Advised clients’ on court procedures and assisted with preparation of court papers.
- Analysed clients’ finances to determine whether they were eligible for benefits or legal aid.
- Reviewed client circumstances to determine whether they were eligible for social housing, homelessness support and discretionary housing payments.
- Maintained client confidentiality and obeyed general data protection rights.
- Empathised with clients to ensure they were openly able to voice their queries and problems.
- Maximised sales through promoting new products and advising customers on a variety of options
- Resolved customer queries and requests in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Oversaw service at fitting rooms and ensured the area was kept neat and organised.
- Optimised inventory by monitoring sales and product shortages.
- Trained and managed new colleagues in their assigned sales area and ensured standards were maintained.
- Oversaw cash office procedures to ensure safe was balanced and no discrepancies were found.