Here at BBR we understand that even someone who absolutely loves their job can occasionally wake up at 6.30 on a Monday morning and would give all the money in the world to take their hangover back to bed and nurse it with a hot cuppa and a cuddle. In fact, anyone with a job will agree that no matter how easy your job is, how much you like your colleagues and how good you think you are at what you do, sometimes Monday just comes round too quickly and you really aren’t prepared to say good bye to the weekend just yet. We’ve compiled 5 handy tips to help you get through that dastardly day and we think you’ll find that they aren’t too painful.
– Spend Sunday evening relaxing! Downing a couple of bottles of wine on Friday was a brilliant idea, the best you’ve had even but it’s probably not wise to repeat that scheme the night before you have to get up at the crack of dawn.
– Plan something for an evening during the week or the following weekend, so you have something to look forward to! Dinner with friends after work on Wednesday will seem like you don’t have so long to wait from Monday for a good time, or knowing you’ll be spending next Saturday with family will remind you that there is light at the end of the weekly tunnel.
– Try something new out! Maybe a new hairstyle? A new shirt? It’ll make you feel fresh and revitalised and might even raise an eyebrow or two in the office. ‘Oooh Cathy, new lipstick I see? Very nice!’
– Set yourself some goals for the week i.e.: learn a new skill at work, impress your boss and go after that promotion! Why not try a new commute to the office or a new café at lunchtime? Change your life – no one else will!
– Get off to a great start with your Manager! There is no better way to start the day than getting in everyone’s good books! Make sure you hide your disappointment that once again, to your shock, Monday has reared its ugly face so quickly – Get organised, prioritise and show your boss that winning smile, it’ll make the week much easier for you, trust us.
It doesn’t take a genius to realise these little tips aren’t brain science, but when Monday keeps showing up unannounced and unexpected every week, sometimes you really do need a reminder.
Let us know if you can think of any other ideas in the comments below!